Table of Contents
- 1 Get for Android
- 2 Main features of the browser
- 3 How to Install and Use Firefox Focus
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Best Alternatives for the app
- 6 Conclusion
Firefox Focus for PC is an application developed by the company known as Mozilla.
It is a free application packaged developed for the purpose of protecting the privacy of the user by blocking online trackers which include third-party advertising.
Operating System: Android and IOS
Application Category: Browser
- • It limits trackers and blocks ads.
- • It has a very high-speed making webpages load faster.
- • Ad blocking can be adjusted and the default search engine can be set.
- • Website links and URLs can be set to autocomplete.
- • It is available for both IOS and Android devices.
- • It has a telemetry option that collets nonpersonal information for the improvement of Firefox.
- • It is free
- It has a soothing slick interface.
- It speeds up performance by tracking and blocking ads.
- It is a secure browser that blocks out ad trackers.
- It has an erase button that can be used to clean up the user’s browser history.
- On IOS devices, it can pair up with safari for the purpose of blocking ads and limiting tracking.
- It does not have bookmarks. Only one tab can be used.
Get for Android
Main features of the browser
Customization of tracking protection
Erase browsing history
It allows you to erase your browsing history with just one to two taps. You can also erase it from the notification panel.
It has an autocomplete function built in to complete inserted URLs. This is to compensate for the lack of bookmarks.
The browser has a stealth mode function inbuilt. This is similar to incognito mode but better because of the fact that other people will not be able to see the webpage in overview mode. It appears as a blank dark screen.
Adding site exceptions to adblocking on android devices
For android devices, some sites can be exempted from the ad blocks depending on the user.
How to Install and Use Firefox Focus
The browser is very fast and secure and can be used in a PC as well as other devices. With this, the information on how to install and be able to use the browser remains of utmost importance.
How to install
- To download and install is quite simple.
- I. Install Blue Stacks and run the installer.
- ii. Complete a one-time setup.
- iii. Go to the search bar at the top-right corner and search for Firefox Focus.
- iv. Click the icon then click install on the Google Play screen.
- v. Once installation completes, click the word cookies icon in the “My Apps” tab.
- vi. You’re all done. Enjoy browsing with Firefox Focus on your PC.
How to use
The use is very simple just like other browsers. You can insert the URL which you want to visit in the website bar above. Settings can be changed to suit your fancy by clicking the screw like image on the upper right part of the browser screen a navigate from there to select various options. You can also erase all the history that you have on the app by clicking on the erase bae which appears next to the search bar and this wipes off all history from the browser.
If you really and I mean really value speed and privacy, this browser is the one for you. It keeps distractions away by blocking ads and speeds up your browsing experience.
1. is it possible to take screenshots on the app and how can it be done?
it is very possible, however, you will have to change your app settings first to accommodate this feature. note that when in stealth mode, you can’t use this feature.
2. Why do some sites not support full screen on the app?
this is a prominent problem for android users. however, this is still in process as ways to make it a feature on all operating systems is the main target and an update will be done soon to that effect
3. why can’t I see any dialogue windows?
this is most likely because you are using an old windows version that does not support the dialogue feature. however, a way forward is being worked on.
4. what does the indication ”tracker blocked” mean?
This indication means that a number of trackers have been restricted or locked on a particular webpage.
Best Alternatives for the app
Just like any other browser, Firefox Focus has similar alternatives as explained below:
It is one of the most popular versions of firefox. it is a free web platform/software/browser from the Mozilla app collection. it is a highly extendable app that features a lot of add ons
download and installation can be done through the following these steps:
I. on your web browser search bar, type “download Blue Stacks”.
ii. you would thereafter see a link that redirects you to Mozilla firefox
iii. you would see a blue button that indicates download, click on it and download the app, then you can go ahead to install it via the extension.
iv. after completing this process, you can use the app anytime you want just by clicking on its icon
This browser has built in innovative feature. The focus of opera is to give the best possible experience on any device.
To download and install this application: you ca follow the same steps done in downloading firefox
Firefox Focus is a browser that anyone who loves speed and craves security should have. It safeguards your activities and also removes distractions. It is one of the most secure web browsers to use as it not only racks browser history but all so acts on suspicious online behaviors. If you are looking for a browser that would fit your financial, academic and social needs with confidential information included, the Firefox Focus is the application for you